This is my attempt at documenting my forays into various modelling/miniatures projects.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
So here they are! In all their glory!
20 Infantry and a standard bearer, leader and Lewis gunner for the HQ element. I picked up a 2nd banner bearer off of eBay but need to rebase her to match.
I based them last week and added the grass tufts yesterday. Didn't have tweezers on hand but whatever. It works.
I just realised that this is the most I have ever painted in a single year, let alone a 3-4 month period.
The maxim support gun. The loader is propped up on his own washer which is still visible from above so I'll need to fix that. Maybe some more grass tufts?
I added First Corps Miniatures Austin Armored Car v2 that I picked up sometime in 2016.
Painted black. Lined grey and then washed. Added a wolf howling at the moon transfer from a old Space Wolf transfer sheet. (Actually added 2 but forgot to seal with nail polish and one got damaged and had to be removed). It was my first time using transfers. Luckily a guy at work plays Bloodbowl so he walked me through it.
The other side. Added a mud effect by flicking paint from an old toothbrush. Worked like a charm. Thankfully I finished this up and hopefully the impetus will push me to finishing all of those pesky Copplestone Chinese I bought.
This months challenge (due Oct 31) was to paint any two units for my ogre kingdoms army.
I chose Rakarth Flesh for my skin base coat.
A wash Drakenhof Nightshade to define the details.
A layer of Rakarth Flesh to highlight the raised areas.
I used a drybrush of Runefang Steel
I used Mournfang Brown and XV-88 for the leather straps and belts.
I painted three Ironguts (unit 1), three Bulls (unit 2) and my BSB, sort of.
All skin, metal and wood/leathers are completed. Only the pants are left. I kind of like the black pants look but they look very dull. I'm not to sure if I want to proceed with colourful pants because doing the skin took long enough.
Despite my utter lack of time for all things hobby related, I entered a campaign called Paths of Glory, in September, down at my local Games Workshop.
Over the next 5 months I have to collect(check) and paint(uh oh) 2000 points worth of my Ogre Kingdoms Army for Warhammer.
The first months challenge was to create a 2000 point list and paint a character.
Here's my list:
L: Tyrant, Giant Breaker Big name, Heavy Armour, Dragon Helm, Gold Sigil Sword, Dawnstone 290pts
H: Bruiser, Heavy Armour, BSB, Rune Maw Standard 195pts
H: Butcher, Lvl2 135pts
C:6 Ironguts, Full Command (F/C), Dragonhide Banner 338pts
C: 8 Ogres, F/C, Ironfists 286pts
C: 8 Ogres, F/C, Addtnl Hand Weapon 278pts
S: 3 Leadbelchers 129pts
S: 4 Mournfang Cavalry, F/C, Heavy Armour, Ironfists, Warbanner 345pts
for 28 foot and 4 mounted Ogres.
Well, I completed my list, but failed to finish my BSB, so only partial points for me.
Well, the year is over. 2011 was full of change. I've finally completed my "Workbench" and on December 1st, my wife and I welcomed a new addition to our family. So sufficient to say my gaming/modeling is in a serious state of hiatus. Yet I've never had the urge to paint more! Weird. Oh well, the joys of parenthood.
To commission any of the finished scratch build models, you can email Colin Rush. Rushcal@AOL.com
Or now you can visit his blog to view any of the buildings that he has available.
Or click on Wargaming Buildings on my Blog List